With a hearty potato base and infused with our amazing hand-wrapped mozzarella cheese, this oven-baked frittata is a delicious main for dinner parties.
- 1 lb. hand wrapped fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes (Buy it!)
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 7 tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Pecorino Romano
- 7 x-large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Over medium heat, sauté onion and potatoes until cooked in 4 tablespoons of olive oil in pan. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and season with Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper.
- In an 8-inch nonstick, oven-safe pan, coat 3 tablespoons oil to fully cover entire pan.
- Transfer potatoes with onion mixture to omelet pan. Then top with cubed mozzarella. Combine ingredients in pan to distribute evenly. Then add the beaten eggs mixture to cover entire contents in pan.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the eggs have set completely.
- Broil for 2 minutes, or until very lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and stand until cool. Gently loosen edges with spatula and slice the frittata into wedges and serve warm.
Makes 4-6 main dish servings