April 2, 20170 COMMENTS
Fresh, light and well-herbed, these towers make a fabulous (and colorful) summer appetizer.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, stems attached
- 1lb fresh mozzarella (Buy it!)
- 1 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Slice each tomato and mozzarella crosswise into 4 thick slices. (Each tower will use one whole tomato and one whole mozzarella.)
- Place bottom tomato slice on serving plate; top with a slice of cheese and a tablespoonful of pesto. Repeat layering, 2 more times, ending with stem end of tomato. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto.
- Drizzle plate with pesto and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 appetizer servings